Bernice Cooke Art
The Battle of Aughrim, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway - Acrylic and Oil Painting - Giclée Print by Bernice Cooke - mounted to 8" x 10"
Regular price $112.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The battle of Aughrim, well my portrayal of it. I created this image nearly eleven years ago in acrylic and oil. The battle of Aughrim was the decisive battle of the Williamite War in Ireland between the Irish Jacobite army loyal to James II and the forces of William III on 12 July 1691 in the small village of Aughrim not too far from Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. It was apparently the bloodiest battle ever fought with between 5000 to 7000 casualties. Rumor has it that in the dark of the night you can hear echoes of cannon blast and screams in the heart of these lonesome fields.
- The original image was painted using acrylics and oil.
- This is a limited edition print on Archival Hahnemuhle Fine Art paper with professional light-fast inks.
- Each high-quality print is individually titled, numbered, and signed by the Artist Bernice Cooke.
- The Print is sold without a mount or frame.
- The Print is shipped in a postal tube.
- The photos are for reference only.