Athlone Castle, County Westmeath - Giclée Print
Step into a scene from history with our exclusive prints of Athlone Castle, a testament to the Anglo-Norman era's impact on the Irish landscape. This storied castle, commissioned by King John of England and brought to life by his Irish justiciar, Bishop John De Gray of Norwich, marks the dawn of Athlone's transformation. While it stands not as the first castle to grace this historic site, its longevity surpasses all others.
Our prints depict the castle's magnificent preservation, showcasing a blend of its original 1210 architecture with subsequent enhancements made to meet the evolving demands of warfare. Athlone Castle bears the distinctive marks of a Napoleonic fortification, having been intricately redesigned during that epoch to protect the strategic Shannon crossing.
Each print in our collection is a portal to the past, capturing the castle's enduring legacy and the architectural dialogue between its ancient foundations and later military innovations. Own a piece of this resilient heritage, and let the walls of Athlone Castle tell their centuries-old story right from your wall.
- This is a limited edition print on Archival Hahnemuhle Fine Art paper with professional light-fast inks.
- Each high-quality print is individually titled, numbered, and signed by the Artist Bernice Cooke.
- The Print is sold without a mount or frame.
- The Print is shipped in a postal tube.
- The photos are for reference only.
This image is copyright of the artist Bernice Cooke ©2023 (Image reproduction rights do not transfer with the sale of the print.)