The Real Downton Abbey - Highclere Castle, England - Giclée Print.
The stunning Highclere Castle is situated in Newbury, England.
Recognizable as it was used for filming the much-loved series, Downtown Abbey.
This magnificent structure is home to Lord and Lady Carnarvon.
Bishop William of Wykeham built a medieval palace and gardens in the park.
It was later rebuilt in 1679 as Highclere Place House.
It was then bought by Sir Robert Sawyer, a direct ancestor of the current Earl of Carnarvon. In 1842, Sir Charles Barry remodeled Highclere House into the present day Castle.
- The original image was drawn using pencil, ink and watercolor.
- This is a limited edition print on Archival Hahnemuhle Fine Art paper with professional light-fast inks.
- Each high-quality print is individually titled, numbered, and signed by the Artist Bernice Cooke.
- The Print is sold without a mount or frame.
- The Print is shipped in a postal tube.
- The photos are for reference only.
This image is copyright of the artist Bernice Cooke ©2023 (Image reproduction rights do not transfer with the sale of the print.)