St. Fin Barre's Cathedral, Cork - Giclée Print
St. Fin Barre's Cathedral, an iconic beacon in Cork, stands majestically at the historic site of the city's patron saint's original church and school. This architectural masterpiece is not only the spiritual heart of the Church of Ireland's diocese but also sits proudly across from the Bishop's abode, just beyond the cathedral gates.
Crafted by the renowned William Burges, this cathedral is a treasure trove of artistry, with every stained glass, sculpture, mosaic, piece of furniture, and metalwork bearing his creative signature. The first stone of this Gothic wonder was placed in 1865, with its sacred halls being consecrated five years later. Designed in the elegant pointed Gothic style of the late 13th century and shaped in the form of a cross, it features soaring spires that reach towards the heavens. The cathedral's western front is adorned with grand portals, and its exterior is rich with intricate stone carvings, all fashioned from local Cork limestone and marble, encapsulating the essence of the region's heritage.
- This is a limited edition print on Archival Hahnemuhle Fine Art paper with professional light-fast inks.
- Each high-quality print is individually titled, numbered, and signed by the Artist Bernice Cooke.
- The Print is sold without a mount or frame.
- The Print is shipped in a postal tube.
- The photos are for reference only.
This image is copyright of the artist Bernice Cooke ©2023 (Image reproduction rights do not transfer with the sale of the print.)